Ted’s of Fayville has been New England’s first choice for towing, recovery and equipment transportation over 85 years. Through the decades, Ted’s established a solid reputation for providing customers with high-quality, dependable service. Our extensive range of services includes light- medium- and heavy-duty towing, complex heavy recoveries, vehicle and equipment transportation and more.
Ted's of Fayville
300 Turnpike Rd, Southborough, MA 01772, USA
Ted’s of Fayville, Inc.
300 Turnpike Rd., Southborough
Ted’s of Fayville is growing and actively hiring for a lowbed operator. We are looking for self-motivated drivers who have integrity and excellent customer service abilities; and who can work in any weather conditions.
Why work for us?
- Industry leading compensation, including paid time off, insurance and 401K
- Customer service focused company
- Competitive benefits and pay
- 85+ Year track record of service excellence
- Continuous professional training and development
The lowbed operator works directly with Ted’s customers and dispatch to ensure quality and prompt service.
- Drive tractor with lowbed or Landoll trailer to pick up and transport equipment around the Northeast in a safe and timely manner
- Load and unload equipment or materials
- Operates truck in safe and professional manner on public highways, roads, in the yard area and at various job sites to deliver equipment or materials
- Observe all traffic laws and maintain a safe speed for the weather and road conditions
- Properly follow Ted’s of Fayville and OSHA safety standards
- Perform daily inspection of vehicles operated and immediately report any defects or needed repairs. Adhere to strict maintenance schedule
- Maintain cleanliness of vehicles both inside and out.
- Ensure Ted’s of Fayville location is secure when dropping off equipment or leaving after normal business hours.
- Accurately complete required paperwork for billing
- Must be willing to attend training and certification classes paid for by the company
- Other duties as assigned
- Must maintain a CDL Class A license with hazmat endorsement or willing to obtain hazmat endorsement within six months of start of employment
- Maintain a safe driving record
- Maintain 2A Mass hoisting license or willing to obtain it within six months of start of employment
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- 1 year of related tractor trailer driving experience required
- Must pass DOT physical, pre-employment and random drug screen and criminal background check
- Dependable and consistent; able to meet attendance policy
- Physical ability to operate the tractor and trailer, load, unload and secure equipment and materials as needed
- Excellent communication skills required to interact with other employees, vendors and customers
- Must be willing to work outdoors in all types of weather conditions
- Must be able to work after hours as necessary, including on-call as needed
Job Type: Full time positions may require some nights, weekends, holiday, and emergency coverage as needed.
Salary: Based on experience
Location: Southborough, MA
Ted’s of Fayville is an equal opportunity employer, and a drug-free work environment.
Job Application Form
In business since 1929, Ted’s of Fayville Inc. specializes in all aspects of towing, recovery and specialized equipment transportaion.
Ted’s of Fayville, Inc., 300 Turnpike Rd., Southborough, MA, 01772 | Toll-Free: 800-649-0503 | Local: 508-485-0503
Copyright © Ted’s of Fayville | Site Designed and Maintained by MarketSMART