Ted’s of Fayville has been New England’s first choice for towing, recovery and equipment transportation over 85 years. Through the decades, Ted’s established a solid reputation for providing customers with high-quality, dependable service. Our extensive range of services includes light- medium- and heavy-duty towing, complex heavy recoveries, vehicle and equipment transportation and more.
Ted's of Fayville
300 Turnpike Rd, Southborough, MA 01772, USA
Ted’s of Fayville, Inc.
300 Turnpike Rd., Southborough
Heavy-Duty Towing and Recovery Operator
Ted’s of Fayville is growing and actively hiring for a heavy-duty tow truck driver. We are looking for self-motivated tow truck drivers who have integrity and excellent customer service abilities, and who can work in any weather conditions
Why work for us?
- Industry leading compensation, including paid time off, insurance and 401K
- Customer service focused company
- Competitive benefits and pay
- 85+ Year track record of service excellence
- Continuous professional training and development
The heavy-duty driver works directly with Ted’s customers and dispatch to ensure quality and prompt service.
- Drive and operate heavy-duty tow trucks to tow and transport all types of trucks, trailers, busses and motorhomes around the Northeast area in a safe and timely manner
- Prepare vehicles and equipment for tow or transport
- Operates truck in safe and professional manner on public highways, roads, in the yard area and at pick-up and delivery locations
- Observe all traffic laws and maintain a safe speed for the weather and road conditions
- Properly follow Ted’s of Fayville and OSHA safety standards
- Perform daily inspection of tow truck and immediately report any defects or needed repairs. Adhere to strict maintenance schedule.
- Maintain cleanliness of vehicles both inside and out
- Ensure Ted’s of Fayville location is secure when dropping off vehicles or leaving after normal business hours
- Accurately complete required paperwork for billing
- Must be willing to attend training and certification classes paid for by the company
- Other duties as assigned
- Must maintain a CDL Class A license with hazmat endorsement or willing to obtain hazmat endorsement within six months of start of employment
- Maintain a safe driving record
- Maintain 1B Mass hoisting license or willing to obtain it within six months of start of employment
- Minimum 21 years of age or older
- Minimum 1 year tow truck operation experience preferred, and will train qualified applicant accordingly
- Must pass DOT physical, pre-employment and random drug screen and criminal background check
- Dependable and consistent; able to meet attendance policy
- Physical ability to operate the tow truck and recover and/or load vehicles as needed.
- Excellent communication skills required to interact with other employees, vendors and customers
- Must be willing to work outdoors in all types of weather conditions
- Must be able to work after hours as necessary, including on-call as needed
Job Type: Full time positions may require some nights, weekends, holiday, and emergency coverage as needed. Some positions are on a rotating schedule.
Salary: Based on experience
Location: Southborough, MA
Ted’s of Fayville is an equal opportunity employer, and a drug-free work environment.
Job Application Form
In business since 1929, Ted’s of Fayville Inc. specializes in all aspects of towing, recovery and specialized equipment transportaion.
Ted’s of Fayville, Inc., 300 Turnpike Rd., Southborough, MA, 01772 | Toll-Free: 800-649-0503 | Local: 508-485-0503
Copyright © Ted’s of Fayville | Site Designed and Maintained by MarketSMART