Ted’s of Fayville has been New England’s first choice for towing, recovery and equipment transportation over 85 years. Through the decades, Ted’s established a solid reputation for providing customers with high-quality, dependable service. Our extensive range of services includes light- medium- and heavy-duty towing, complex heavy recoveries, vehicle and equipment transportation and more.
Ted's of Fayville
300 Turnpike Rd, Southborough, MA 01772, USA
Ted’s of Fayville, Inc.
300 Turnpike Rd., Southborough
Ted’s of Fayville is growing and actively hiring for a diesel mechanic. We are looking for skilled, self-motivated individuals who have excellent customer service abilities.
Why work for us?
- Industry leading compensation, including paid time off, insurance and 401K
- Customer service focused company
- Competitive benefits and pay
- 85+ Year track record of service excellence
- Continuous professional training and development
The diesel mechanic will be responsible for the troubleshooting, repair and maintenance of the fleets trucks and trailers.
- Accurately diagnose and complete all phases of heavy duty truck repair
- Knowledge and use of diagnostic scanners/software a must
- Ability to perform major repairs of diesel engines, transmissions, differentials, ABS and brakes
- Have knowledge in the repair and maintenance of the company’s trailer fleet
- Remove, clean, repair, reinstall and adjust vehicle components including but not limited to: engines and engine related components, emission control systems and after emissions systems, fuel system, transmissions and related components, axles and drive line components, suspension – steering components, braking system, electronic system diagnosis and repair, air conditioning and related components, vehicle accessory components
- Must be able to mount/dismount truck and trailer tires in the shop and on the road
- Must be able to perform road service with a fully outfitted company truck
- Perform preventive maintenance inspections to fleet as required by federal, state and local guidelines
- Broad understanding of all mechanical systems
- Excellent communications skills with the ability to communicate with drivers and other co-workers
- Ensure work orders are completed properly and timely
- Other duties as assigned
- Must maintain a CDL Class B preferably Class A license and a record of safe driving
- 2+ Years of heavy-duty truck and/or trailer repair Diesel maintenance experience required
- High school diploma or GED equivalent preferred Certification from Diesel Technical school preferred, or equivalent experience
- Must pass DOT physical, pre-employment and random drug screen and criminal background check
- Dependable and consistent; able to meet attendance policy
- Must possess own hand tools, and reasonable power tools
- Highly organized
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Possess strong customer service skills and works well with others
- Energetic and able to multi-task
- ASE certifications is a plus
Job Type: Full-time position (emergency coverage as needed)
Salary: Based on experience
Location: Southborough, MA
Ted’s of Fayville is an equal opportunity employer, and a drug-free work environment.
Job Application Form
In business since 1929, Ted’s of Fayville Inc. specializes in all aspects of towing, recovery and specialized equipment transportaion.
Ted’s of Fayville, Inc., 300 Turnpike Rd., Southborough, MA, 01772 | Toll-Free: 800-649-0503 | Local: 508-485-0503
Copyright © Ted’s of Fayville | Site Designed and Maintained by MarketSMART